We are changing the way we run our flu vaccination clinics this year. This is to make sure that we can keep patients and staff safe in the COVID-19 pandemic.
The changes we have made will make sure that patients stay distanced at all times and will prevent excessive queues from forming.
We will be inviting eligible patients to book a vaccination appointment time. This can be done by calling the surgery reception – preferably after 10.00am.
We will be in contact when there are suitable dates for you to book.
- You will need to arrive at the time of your appointment, rather than arriving early
- You should wear a face covering at all times in the surgery
- Please come in clothing which makes access to the skin of the shoulder/upper arm easy
- You MUST NOT attend the surgery if you should be self isolating; for example if you:
- Feel unwell
- Have had a high temperature in the last 10 days
- Have had a cough in the last 10 days
- Have lost your sense of taste or smell
- Have had a positive or inconclusive coronavirus test in the last 10 days
- Have been in contact with someone who has had symptoms or tested positive in the last 14 days
- Have returned from another country in the last 14 days (unless on exempt list for self isolation)
We will be directing patients into the building through the front door and there will be a one way system in operation. Staff will be directing people and we will split people into two streams. There will be 2 exits from the building which are separate from the entrance.
We would suggest that if you are attending as a couple you make arrangements as to where to meet afterward, as you may be directed to different rooms/exits.
Please also note that due to the distancing requirements, toilet facilities will not be available in the surgery.
More information about the flu vaccine
Public health England- resources in multiple languages:
US CDC has detailed factual information on the flu vaccination for anyone wanting detailed scientific advice (some parts of the website are specific to the US programme):