As part of the NHS COVID vaccine programme, we are working closely with neighbouring practices to deliver this vaccine to our patients.
Together, our practices will be running vaccine clinics at Chancellors Hotel and Conference Centre in Fallowfield and there is an immense amount of work going on at present, to set this up.
We are planning to start our sessions on the 15th January 2021.
To help us with this huge logistical challenge, we would be grateful if you could kindly consider the following:
- This is the largest vaccination programme ever seen and so it is likely that capacity at all our GP practices may be reduced as staff are diverted towards the vaccination programme. Please be reassured that our practices intend to remain open as usual and your understanding and support regarding our ability to deal with non-urgent medical issues is much appreciated.
- The government has laid out strict criteria for the priority groups and the order in which people will become eligible for the vaccine; this is primarily based on age. We will be starting by inviting patients over 80 years, then working through the groups as laid out by the government, please do not worry if you have not yet received an invite you will be invited as soon as vaccine is available for your cohort. Invites will be sent by text message, telephone call or letter as soon as possible.
- Please ensure we have an up to date mobile number that we can contact you on (or a relative/next of kin) if possible – Text messages are the quickest way to send information out in such a tight timescale. When we are in a position to invite you, you will receive a text with some further information about the vaccine and another text with a secure link to book your appointment. If you do not have a mobile, we will call you at home to arrange an appointment. Please do this on our practice website.
- You will be asked to book two appointments for your vaccines. The second dose will be booked within a 12 week window of your first vaccination. It is important that you have both vaccinations to ensure you are protected.
- Please note that appointments can only be made for those who receive an invite or who are contacted directly by the surgery.
- We will contact those of you who are housebound separately to arrange delivery.
We feel excited and privileged to be in a position to support our local community in starting to emerge from this pandemic.
Thank you for your ongoing support, understanding and patience during these difficult times.
The Practice Team at the Borchardt Medical Centre